Featured Post

Sunday, September 30, 2012

‘I want my triplets to participate in sports’ – Chioma Ajunwa

Olympic gold winner Chioma Ajunwa says she definitely wants to see her children participate in sports when they grow up and that she is ‘willing to do everything she can to encourage them’.
On September 3, 2012, it was reported that the sportswoman who’s now a DPO had taken delivery of triplets – two boys and a girl.
Perhaps one will be a long jumper, another sprinter and then the third a footballer, Ajunwa told The Vanguard. Ajunwa herself has contested in these three sports.
After the birth of her triplets, rumour peddlers claimed she did not give birth to the triplets but adopted them. Ajunwa who waited for over a decade before the kids came, said the news made hear very sad.
They claimed that I adopted the babies. This is not true. I genuinely gave birth to my babies; records are there to show. They came to me to say that it was because I wasn’t forthcoming with an interview, that I should have come out to announce to the world that I was pregnant’, the 42-year-old said.
Ajunwa still holds the African long jump record at 7.12m, which was her winning jump at the Atlanta 1996 Olympic Games.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...