Featured Post

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Actress Ijeoma Agwu now Sunflower Cosmetics’ ambassador

Fast rising actress, Ijeoma Agwu, has inked an endorsement deal with Sunflower Cosmetics as its brand ambassador. The Entertainer recently caught up with the actress and she opened up on the deal: “I’m excited! It’s a big one for me.
I have an endorsement deal with Sunflower Cosmetics. I am the face of two of their products, Higha and Lever soaps. I don’t want to state figures but it’s a good one,” Ijeoma crooned sexily. And for the first time, she will be on the red carpet when Hoodrush, a musical in which she acts the lead alongside Gabriel Afolayan hits cinemas come October 12.
“Hoodrush is a movie where I act the role of Kelechi, a young girl victimized by her aunt and sexually molested by her landlord. However, Kelechi rises above all of these prejudices and triumphs in the end,” she says. Commenting on how she was able to interpret her role she said: “It was challenging because I haven’t experienced rape before so it was a bit difficult relating with what Kelechi had to go through.
The only way I could interpret it was to become Kelechi. From the time I entered set to the time I left, I insisted that everybody called me Kelechi; I wanted to get into her world. “Before then a couple of friends who had been raped had shared their experiences with me and I realized they had this faraway look in their eyes as they related their gory tales, so I had this faraway look in my eyes.
They actually cried and I cried with them,” Ijeoma stated.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...