Featured Post

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

POLITICS:I did not betray Tinubu, Adefarati, Agagu – Ondo gov


Ondo State Governor Olusegun Mimiko has denied betraying his predecessor, Dr. Olusegun Agagu; the late former governor of the state, Chief Adebayo Adefarati; and the Action Congress of Nigeria National Leader of Lagos State, Chief Bola Tinubu.
Mimiko said this at the palace of the Osemawe of Ondo Kingdom on Tuesday.
He said, “I was faithful, loyal and committed to my bosses when I served as their commissioner and Secretary to the State Government even when there was a grand conspiracy against me at a point.”
The Labour Party candidate for the October 20 governorship election in the state also said Tinubu did not give him money when he contested the 2007 governorship election.
Mimiko said he decided to clear the air on the misgivings and rumours against him at the palace of the Osemawe in his own dialect so that everybody would know that he was speaking the truth.
He said, “I have sacrificially and faithfully served the people of Ondo State in the last three and half years to the best of my ability and heaven is my witness.
“That was exactly what I did when I served at the Adefarati and Agagu administration. Anybody that is calling me a traitor or an ingrate is ignorant of the true accounts of what happened between me, Adefarati and Agagu.
“I tried my best to serve the two of them as best as I could but things went wrong when fifth columnists infiltrated and they reneged on our solemn agreement which made me to leave their governments because I detested cheating.
“As for Tinubu, I challenge him to tell the whole world where and when he gave me money to contest election in 2007 or to prosecute my legal battle to reclaim my mandate.
“The only thing he did was that he brought in forensic experts but I paid for all their services, including the cost of procuring all the materials they needed for their jobs and other logistics.
“Chief Wole Olanipekun my lead counsel is alive. He is aware of everything that happened. The only thing that Tinubu did was that he claimed to have paid the professional fee of Adrian Forty (the forensic expert) but did not give details.
“Tinubu did not also negotiate with me on whether I will join his party after my legal victory. They asked me to join the Action Congress of Nigeria in 2010 and I said that my people are not willing to leave the LP.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...